- Erik MillerOwner/Head Coach
- Steven A. Belmonte Jr.Head Coach
- Coleen CrawfordCF Kids Coordinator/CrossFit Coach
- Jess PashosAssistant Coach
- Laura CannistraroAssistant Coach
- Mary BryantAssistant Coach
- B.S. in Exercise Science from Arizona State University
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist from the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- U.S.A. Track and Field Level 1 Coach
- U.S.A. Weightlifting Club Coach
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist
- CrossFit Level 1 Coach
- CrossFit Movement and Mobility
- CrossFit Rowing
- Optimum Performance Training CCP - Movement Assessment
- Optimum Performance Training CCP - Program Design
- Optimum Performance Training CCP - Nutrition
- Optimum Performance Training CCP - Business Systems
- Optimum Performance Training CCP - Life Coaching
- Pendlay Weightlifting Level 1
- Pendlay Weightlifting Level 2
- Complete Human Performance - "Hybrid Training" Certified
- Training Think Tank Athletes and Coaches Seminar
Erik Miller is the owner and founder of Charles River CrossFit and has been a certified strength coach since 2002. His career has been nothing but fitness and health since he started training athletes and adults in 2000 while working on his Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science at Arizona State University. Erik discovered fitness when he took up weight training to supplement his wrestling career as a teen. Later, the discovery of CrossFit was a major career turning point and forever changed his views on fitness and “wellness”. Competition, fun, camaraderie, and high intensity fitness were hard to find outside of sports yet here it was waiting! Charles River CrossFit was born out of the very notion that people can do WAY more than they think; they just have to be given the opportunity.
Erik currently competes as a master in the sport of Olympic Weightlifting, local CrossFit events, anything fun, and plays golf way less than he would like. Erik is available for 1 on 1 and small group Personal training, nutrition consultation, as well as online programming/coaching.
Steven A. Belmonte Jr.
- Bachelors Degree in English
- AFAA Personal Training Certification
- KBC Kettlebell Instructor Certification
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certification
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer Certification
- CrossFit Gymnastics Trainer Certification
- CrossFit C2 Rowing Coach Certification
- Pendlay Olympic Weightlifting Level 1 Coach Certification
- Pendlay Olympic Weightlifting Level 2 Coach Certification
- USAW Olympic Weightlifting Level 1 Coach Certification
- OPT/OPEX Level 1 Movement Assessment Coaching Certification
- Training Think Tank Athlete Camp and Coaches Seminar
- Training Think Tank Exercise Physiology Course
Steve is a former high school wrestler who, after graduation, suffered with his own weight problems. In his senior year of college, he became dedicated to educating himself on fitness and proper diet.
Steve strives to assist others in their quest for physical fitness and in making the leap to understand the greater connection between movements and activities performed in the gym and their real-world counterparts; creating not only stronger people, but individuals able to more safely and effectively navigate through life’s challenges.
As a Personal Trainer, Steve is available for 1-on-1 or small group training, including: Rowing Lessons, Kettlebell Instruction and Olympic Lifting Instruction. Steve also enjoys writing individualized programming for athletes looking to make specific gains.
Contact email@example.com for scheduling!
CF Kids Coordinator/CrossFit Coach
- CrossFit Level 1
- CrossFit Kids
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach
Coleen was a high school and college sprinter. She graduated with her degree in Psychology and Sociology from Assumption College and her Masters Degree in higher education from Springfield College. Since then, she had been doing her best to keep in shape with the usual gym routine. She tried to get back into shape after having twins, but found that working out alone in a typical gym wasn’t producing the results that she wanted. She gave CrossFit a try and has never looked back.
Now, she’s in better shape than ever and lifting weights that she never thought she was capable of lifting. She is excited to share her new passion with others and to help them achieve a level of fitness they have not yet reached on their own.
Laura Cannistraro is a CrossFit level 1 certificate holder and an assistant coach at Charles River CrossFit. She started CrossFit at CRCF in early 2013 and has been training here ever since. Laura has always led an active life, having played soccer, ice hockey as well as running track. Growing up, horseback riding was her second life after sports practice, and today she still shows her horse Tiger and competes with him in show jumping. She is a high energy, supportive coach whose favorite movements include wall balls and clean and jerks. She also trains with the Charles River Crossfit competition team and competes frequently in local crossfit competitions.